Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sleepless Cause Of Sleepless

I consider Braveheart the greatest movie ever made.

A Clockwork Orange happens to be my favorite movie of all time.

My top 5 Favorite Movies Ever are Clockwork, Rear Window, Clerks, Pulp Fiction, and Toy Story. Yeah thats a weird top 5.

But even more weird is, my love, and OCD for Sleepless in Seattle...

Ever since this movie came out, I have had this odd, not sure what to call it really. Facination for it. For some weird reason, every, single, time, this movie is on TV, and I happen to be flipping through channels or checking out the guide, I HAVE to watch it. And if it is on, and I know its on, and I try not to watch it, or dont watch it. I feel uneasy, the world feels unbalanced, just feeling uneasy.



What really, really sucks, is what happened last night. Before I head off to bed to sleep because I have to wake up early the next day for work, Ill do some last minute TV watching, flipping through channels to find something to zone out to before I sleep. And Sleepless in Seattle will be on, and it wont just be on, it will be JUST STARTING. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night thanks to HBO showing it last night. I was minute away from going to bed, I even stopped watching TV. I went downstairs to get a drink of water, and saw my Dad flipping through channels and saw Sleepless in Seattle was starting. And I watched it.


Now I dont know what it is about this movie. It has Rosie O Donnell in it but I hate that bitch. Well, she wasnt so bad back then, but now shes super lezilla. Maybe its how, every detail is tied together, how in the movie Meg Ryan peels an apple, and then later in the movie Tom Hanks mentions how is now dead wife used to peel an apple. Little tiny things like that. Who knows, I have seen this movie more than I have seen any other movie, but for some reason I cant quote this movie as well as I can others. And no matter how many times I have seen the stupid ending I grit my damn teeth to hold back a stupid tear. Tom Hanks is awesome.

Hell, at one point I used to listen to the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack all the time, rockin that Harry Connick Jr. Until I lost the CD.

The most odd thing about this though, is that I dont even own this movie on DVD. Theres an anniversary edition DVD out, but I never think to get it. I never think to get the soundtrack again either so I can listen to With A Wink And A Smile.

If you have never seen this movie, dont watch it. You might end up with the the Sickness Of Sleepless. Like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment