Friday, February 9, 2007

Over 20 Years Late, But Goonies Toys are Coming!

As an avid collector of the WWE Classic Series and Rocky figure lines, I've been keeping watch over the big Toy Fair going on this weekend to see what the 2007 lineups will bring. To my surprise, I caught a tidbit from ActionFigureCollectors.com when I was looking over the news from Toy Fair. The news was that after over 20 years, the Goonies are finally getting their own action figures. After thinking about it, it's hard to believe that one of the most well known cult classics of all time never got action figures. Well now thanks to Mezco, we will finally see a Goonies line of action figures. Series 1 will include Mikey, Mouth, Chunk, Data, and Sloth. And there is already talk of series 2 featuring the Fratelli's and all the other main characters, as well as accessories like treasure maps and One Eyed Willy's ship! This is awesome news to me, I rarely find a series of figures to collect, but this is definitely one I'll be picking up. It's great to see these movies finally getting a great toy line, and just like Rocky, I'm sure this collection will be truly awesome to see in action figure form!

No comments:

Post a Comment