Thursday, July 19, 2007

The 2007 Emmy Nominations are in!

Kyra Sedgwick and Jon Cryer were on hand this morning to announce the nominations, and they were as follows:

Best Drama:
Heroes, House, Boston Legal, Grey's Anatomy, & The Sopranos.

My Pick for the win: The Sopranos. The final season was just TOO good to pass up.

Lead Actor, Drama:
James Gandolfini, Denis Leary, James Spader, Kiefer Sutherland, & Hugh Laurie

My Pick for the win: James Gandolfini. His final turn as Tony Soprano was definitely award winning.

Lead Actress, Drama:
Minnie Driver, Edie Falco, Sally Field, Kyra Sedgwick, Mariska Hargitay, Patricia Arquette

My Pick for the win: Kyra Sedgwick. Her show, The Closer, has brought the highest ratings to USA ever, and she's great in the role.

Best Reality Show: Amazing Race, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, Top Chef.

My Pick for the win: Dancing with the Stars. Amazing race always wins, but I think this year Dancing got the ratings.

Lead Actor, Comedy: Alec Baldwin, Steve Carell, Ricky Gervais, Tony Shalhoub, Charlie Sheen

My Pick for the win: Alec Baldwin. 'Nuff said.

Lead Actress, Comedy: America Ferrera, Tina Fey, Felicity Huffman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Mary Louise Parker.

My Pick for the win: America Ferrera. She won the Golden Globe!

Best Comedy: Entourage, The Office, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty

My Pick for the win: 30 Rock. The critics love this show, and I have to admit from what I've seen, it's the funniest of the noms.

Drama, Best Supporting Actress:
Rachel Griffiths, Sandra Oh, Chandra Wilson, Katherine Heigl, Aida Tuturro, Lorraine Bracco

My Pick for the win: Sandra Oh

Comedy, Best Supporting Actress:
Jaime Pressly, Jenna Fischer, Conchata Ferrell, Holland Taylor, Vanessa Williams, Elizabeth Perkins

My Pick for the win: Elizabeth Perkins

Drama, Best Supporting Actor:
William Shatner, T.R. Knight, Masi Oka, Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson, Michael Imperioli

My Pick for the win: William Shatner

Comedy, Best Supporting Actor:
Kevin Dillon, Jeremy Piven, Neil Patrick Harris, Rainn Wilson, Jon Cryer

My Pick for the win: Jeremy Piven

So there you have it, the upfront nominations, and my picks. I'll be back in September to see how well I scored!


1 comment: