Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Confirmed: Patrick Swazye Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer

It has been rumored all day, no confirmation has been sent in anywhere until now. Patrick Swayzes publicist confirmed today that he does indeed have pancreatic cancer. Although unlike most reports that he might die in the next few weeks, he actually is undergoing treatment, and is doing well. Swayzes physician says "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic." While undergoing treatment, he will still be working on the films he currently has in production, and will continue his treatment to battle this disease.

This is pretty much the shittiest of the shitty news ever. Most people took Heath Ledgers passing pretty hard and were very shocked by it. As for me this hits harder than Heaths passing does. I have been a Swayze fan ever since I was a little kid and saw Roadhouse at the tender age of 8. I find it kind of strange that just the other day, Jeff Healey the blind guitar player from Road House passed. From the moment I saw Road House I was a big Swayze fan. I went and watched Red Dawn over and over, The Outsiders. I even went back on my word to never watch Dirty Dancing since it was all my Mom watched back then and it drove me crazy. Next Of Kin, Father Hood, Ghost, Tall Tale, City of Joy, Three Wishes, Black Dog, to me, he could never do any wrong, he's the only good thing about Donnie Darko(that's right, not a fan of Darko, most overrated movie ever). I was, and still am, very vocal about how pissed I am that the writers of Fast And The Furious completely ripped off the story of Point Break and never fessed up to it. I remember living in California back in 2000 for a few months with my then girlfriend, and Swayze lived just down the block from her parents house, he had peacocks running around his yard all the time. I always said one day I would get past that gate and meet the man himself, but I never did, I was afraid he'd rip my throat out. But I wish I took the chance.

Here's hoping for a miracle to come along, and keep him around a little longer. And hope that he lives to see that 50 year storm.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'd hope we'd get some commentary and insight on this, not just the same rehashed Enquirer shit thats EVERYwhere else. I subscribed here for the originality, I can read TMZ if i just want news reports. Sad to see this though, I'm with you random, I hope we get a miracle recovery on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but I have a bigger dick than you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? Is this guy a teenager? Someone criticizes his writing ability, so he talks about his dick size? Wow. I think when I subscribed here, the descrip. said something like "We have our own edge on our stories" or something to that affect. Ok, cool, get the writers on this site's opinions and thoughts on various subjects...but what is the point of reporting the exact same thing as other sites? Not too edgy, whoever is in charge may want to take that in mind with Mr. Dick size there. Overall i like this site, very amusing at times, but I'm confused the same as another poster I read a comment from a few posts back, who questioned if this site just reports stories, or actually has a WRITING staff that gives original thoughts. It seems to be a mix IMO, maybe if everyone got on the same page the site could improve. I only write all this because I'm an overall fan and would like to see this place improve. And BTW, I could care less who's dick is bigger, I read for originality.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but my dick goes inside of females.


    Getting Devon on the same page as the rest of us here, is like dragging him away from a gay bar on penny smirnoff night. Not gonna happen. And trust me, the rest of us have tried to get Devon on the same page as us, to write original thoughts on news stories, but its kinda like talking to a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a penny smirnoff night?!

    WHEREEEEEE???????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell if I know. Devon would be the one to ask. I just know on New Years there was a Penny Drink night at this bar. So Im assuming somewhere in drag queen heaven that Devon lives in, theres gotta be penny smirnoff nights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From what I gather, Devon is the site owner (should've guessed by the name?) and sadly the writers here have a better idea than the owner on how to have a break out site that can be a major player. Sad. If things had some better management, this site could really be big IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, okay... who's feeding Jackoff Swinden a script????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually Jay, Devon is pretty much at the bottom of the ranks around here. But I think basically what this site needs is more writers with their own ideas that have no idea how to copy and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right assfuck, because you've never copied and pasted anything before!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have copied and pasted many things...


    just not ENTIRE ARTICLES.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh booey.

    Who's crying over spilled milk anyhow? I still don't understand why you care so much, and why you get so gotdamn butthurt over everything I do. Copied, not copied, fabricated, whatever - they're doing their jobs and bringing in hits.

    So really, calm the fuck down big man, wouldn't want you to burst a blood vessel or something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe its cause we dont like getting cease and desist letters because of your idiotic copying and pasting "blogs"

    And uh, your "blogs" aren't bringing in jack shit. Of course I don't know exact numbers, but D could, and should, back this up so youll shut the fuck up and stop copying and pasting shit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the the info. Money, good to see a mature response from someone besides Villain. And Devon, copying things from other sites is not going to get you a fan base. If this site is going to have 10-15 posts a day, then I'd come here for my headlines like i do TMZ now. Since this site has a smaller group, I'm guessing that's not happening, so to get a fanbase, some originality is what people will keep coming back for, as I did a few months ago. Maybe studying up on how to gain a blog audience would do you some good, instead of trying to defend yourself by admitting you don't care about the content here as long as it brings "hits"...may do you and the site some good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you dudes take the internet way too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOAH GC YOU PAY FOR THE DOMAIN HERE?! FUCK DUDE THATS LIKE 12 BUCKS A YEAR! HOW DO YOU MANAGE THAT?

    ReplyDelete
  17. And in the end.

    Devon is still a faggot.

    ReplyDelete