Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Random Villain Plays Super Smash Brothers Brawl!

Wasn't that big of a fan of the previous games, they were alright, but my nephew was obsessed with them, and he always kicked my ass, so I grew sick of them. Also, and sadly, the Wii is seriously lacking some awesome games and has been collecting dust since Mario Galaxy since I've been playing Call of Duty 4 on PS3 nonstop. So I put Brawl on pre order at Game Stop. And waited...... then Saturday, Midnight, I hit Game Stop, saw the enormous line, walked to the 7-11 next door, bought beer cause Im very manly like that, then walked back to where the line was small, went in, got my game, went home, and began to play....

For 5 and a half hours.

My lame roommate and I played Vs mode for a c0uple hours, and after hearing him complain that the game is fucked up, cause he can't ever win, I kicked him off my Wii and told him to go away so I could begin the story mode, called Sub Space Emissionary. And holy shit. I have to say this is by far one of the most awesome games recently. It goes old school in that it is a side scrolling game. The story is Ganon from Zelda, and Bowser from Mario have teamed up, and with the help of a new weapon, are going around turning all good guys into statues. Well Princess Zelda and Princess Peach are both kidnapped, of course, and Mario, along with Link, Pit, Kirby, and Yoshi team up and head out, while Yoshi, Fox, and Falco get together, and everyone else you could imagine head out to fight the baddies. I never thought I would ever play a game where Link is fighting koopa troopas. It was a geek dream come true. The moment of pure geek out comes near the end WARNING SPOILER where The new Big Bad comes along, and takes out Bowser and Ganon as well as all the good guys that were in the room. Well thankfully, Luigi was far away and he makes his way there, and unfreezes the good guys. Then it gets awesome, when the good guys know they're gonna even need the help of the bad guys in order to stop the new Big Bad. And Link and Zelda walk over to Ganon and unfreeze him and they team up and head up the stairway.

There are many awesome moments in the game, and last night at just under 8 hours I beat the story mode. Now there is still things I have not played yet, like classic mode, and I have yet to dabble in the online matches. But just the things that I have played so far make this the 2nd best game out there for the Wii. Sorry but I don't see any other game on the Wii, or on the PS3 or 360 for that matter, that will out do Zelda Twilight Princess.

So if you have a Wii, this game is a MUST own. If you are not a fan of the crazy Wii Controls, don't worry, you don't use them like that in this game. In fact there are 4 different controller options to choose from. You can use a Gamecube controller, the classic controller, the Wiimote by itself, or the Wiimote + Nunchuck, which is my way to go. The graphics are epic, there is a shot of Princess Peach with a ship exploding in the background that just looks amazing, the music is great as with each character/level is the original theme but updated.

If you have a Wii, get this game, if you don't have a Wii, go get one, then buy this game. Thanks, The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment