Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This week on DVD... The Return.


Haven't done a post on new DVDs in a while, but I guess this week is as good as anything to bring it back. Suffice to say, my paycheck is in a lot of trouble, with (count'em) 8 big releases this week!

Starting off, there's the highly anticipated and long awaited 3rd Season of Battlestar Galactica. BSG has long been my favorite show, and I can't wait for the next two months to fly by, so I can watch the 4th and final season in stunning SciFi HD. There's plenty of time before season 4 kicks off to watch the 3rd season, which had it's ups and downs, but ultimately paid off with a season finale that left many jaws on the floor.

After BSG, there comes the release of Greek: Chapter One. If you've never had a chance to watch this show, you must. The second season returns in just a few short weeks, and it's the best way to rehash your old college/high school days and remember all the awkwardy goodness.

On the film front, we get the release of Oscar winner and nominee Atonement. Keira Knightley and James McAvoy star in this epic romance, set against the backdrop of war and many decades.

Also, Richard Kelly's sci-fi epic Southland Tales comes to DVD. I don't even remember it coming to theatres! I know I waited, and waited... so I guess I'm gonna just have to settled for DVD. Loved Donnie Darko, so I hope this holds up to the hype. God knows, I've only been talking about it and waiting for it for about 5 years now.

Will Smith's summer blockbuster, I Am Legend, hits the DVD shelves as well. Make sure to check out the alternate ending, which DL Writer Random Villain wrote about a couple weeks back. It's worth the buy, and makes the movie much more enjoyable.

Last, and maybe not least, is the big money Disney film, Enchanted. I was drug to this one, and ended up actually kinda liking it. The songs are nauseating, but it's overall pretty funny, and Susan Sarandon looks pretty damn good in black spandex... not to mention, she turns in to a dragon.... and anything with dragons is pretty good, right? (Not including D-War............)

So that's it. Head out to your local blockbuster, set up your netflix Queues, or get your asses out to Best Buy. It's a big day for DVD releases.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord here we go again.

    BUT

    At least this week on DVD is actually on the release day and not a few days after the release days! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete