Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Review: I Love You, Man

Ever since I saw Halloween 6, I have been a huge Paul Rudd fan. Where Rudd went, so did my money. I have followed him through the years, good times and bad, all through Friends and beyond. Lately he has been in nothing but smash comedies. And I am a happy lil camper.

Paul Rudd plays Pete, a guy that is about to get hitched when he realizes, he has no male friends. Never really has. So he seeks out to see about finding one to be his best man at his wedding. Enter Jason Segel of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, or to most, Nick from Freaks and Geeks. One thing Freaks fans will love and notice is that Jasons character Sydney in this movie, is a huge Rush fan. It made me smile inside.

Anywho, as most probably guess, they meet up, hang out, and hijinks and hilarity ensue. It is kinda hard to review without giving too much of the good stuff away. So I will change this from a review to a recommendation of sorts. Sure whatever.

If you are a fan of any of these type of movies, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Knocked Up, Anchorman, and so on. Then you will be pleased with this movie. It is better than Sarah Marshall in my book. Rudd and Segel are phenomenal. This will easily be in my top 10 of the year come this December. Simple as that. Go see this fuckin movie. It comes out March 20th.

9/10

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I am really looking forward to this. There's a new multiplex opening up by my work on the 20th so I plan to go that night and see it. Have you seen Role Models? That shit is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete