Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Devon's Most Anticpated of '09.

Yesterday Random Villain listed his top 10 list for movies he's looking forward to seeing in 2009, and I was surprised to see several movies left off his list. We've never agreed on a lot of movies, so it's no real surprise, but that's okay. I decided I'd do my own list, not quite in the same fashion as his. Here is my list for most anticipated movies of 2009, in order of Month of Release, and then in order of what I want to see most that month. Also, keep in mind that there are probably a lot more movies that will come out in 09 that haven't been given release dates yet, or announced.

JANUARY
Taken, Possession

FEBRUARY
Push, Fanboys, He’s Just not that in to You, & Street Fighter

MARCH
Watchmen, Race to Witch Mountain, I Love You, Man, & Knowing

APRIL
Dragonball: Evolution, Crank 2

MAY
Wolverine, Star Trek, Terminator: Salvation, Bruno, & Angels & Demons

JUNE
Transformers 2, Land of the Lost

JULY
2012, Harry Potter, & Funny People

AUGUST
G.I. Joe

SEPTEMBER
Jennifer’s Body, Fame

OCTOBER
Where the Wild Things Are

NOVEMBER
A Christmas Carol, Wolfman, The Box, & Sherlock Holmes

DECEMBER
Avatar

TBA
Conan, Inglorious Basterds, Red Sonja, & The Road


8 comments:

  1. Inglorious Basterds would be in the top 3 of my most anticipated. But knowing Quentin Tarantino and knowing Weinstein I highly doubt we will see this in 09.

    Also....

    Uh....

    Dragonball Z?

    Really?

    I mean... REALLY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has potential. I like those campy martial arts movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragonball Z is NOT a martial arts movie. Martial Arts movies no longer exist. If it is not starring Bruce Lee, Sonny Chiba, Chuck Norris, or any other handful of bad ass karate guys usually with a bad voice over, then its NOT a martial arts movie.

    Just admit the truth.

    Youre a nerdy grown man that still loves anime. No big deal, it could be worse.

    Even though anime is for douche bags. Yep, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really dude, I've never seen a single episode of the cartoon. You KNOW I don't watch Cartoons, cuz I haven't seen half of these Pixar movies you'll always wanking on about. I just saw some pics and a couple clips of this movie and thought it looked cool. I couldn't give a shit what it's about or who directed it, it looked cool. The Mummy 3 looked cool, and I watched it, and it pissed me off how terrible it was. But I still watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just curious as to what exactly in the previews for The Mummy 3 made it look cool? I went with the fact that The Mummy and Mummy Returns sucked ass. Tacked on to the director of such smash hits like xXx and Stealth was making the third one. I avoided the third movie at all costs, thank god.

    Plus Brendan Fraiser is pretty much the worst actor in the history of man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Dragons. And Jet Li. And Michelle Yeoh.


    All three things that had the least screentime :( Regardless, I would wait to rent that Dragonball movie either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The moment I heard...

    I!!!

    REALLY!!!

    HATE!!!

    MUMMIES!!!!

    I wanted to throw my remote through the TV and slam my head through a windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I care about is Harry Potter and Where The Wild Things Are.

    Hey Devon, you really want to watch Dragon Ball Z? I'm extremely thankful my boys have zero interest in that anime crap.

    ReplyDelete