Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas, from Devon Lohan.

It's that time of year, when we all settle in with our families and try and remember what the good stuff in life is all about. In today's society, it's a rare feat to go one day without being reminded of the constant struggles and hardships we all face from day to day, but for me Christmas is the one day when everything bad fades away and only the good is seen. Like many of you, my most cherished memories from childhood are of Christmases spent with my family. I can vividly remember every Christmas we spent together, the way the family all gathered together in the kitchen to cook, or sat around watching Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story. I miss the days when I always got to play Santa on Christmas Eve, as we all gathered around the enormous tree, and the 100+ presents under it. Christmas was never a small deal in our family, we always strived to go bigger every year, until sometimes their were more presents than we had room for. I recall a particular year when they lined not just the living room, but the dining room, and halfway down the hall as well. That was a good year!

Times change, and in turn so do families. We move away from each other, and sometimes we're broken up by divorce or death, and eventually those Christmases we loved so dear become a thing of the past. So readers, I implore you to cherish these Christmases you have with the ones you love, because they might not always be around.


To my frenemy Random Villain, enjoy this first Christmas with your new baby Calvin, it will surely be one you'll always remember. To our other colleagues here, I wish you nothing but success and luck in your endeavours in the next year. To our readers, I thank you sincerely for continuing to come back to Devon Lohan and giving us a small audience to entertain with our antics. It's been a good year, and I think 2009 will be even better. Merry Christmas to everyone, and a Happy New Year too!


-Devon


No comments:

Post a Comment