A Los Angeles judge confirmed this week what we’ve all suspected all along, that Britney Spears still has a substance abuse problem.
And, if she wants to keep her two kids, she’s gonna have to get sober and stay clean!
“Based on the evidence presented, the Court finds that there is a habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances by Petitioner [Spears],” will have to undergo testing for controlled substances and alcohol. The testing shall be conducted twice per week on random dates and times, and the results will be forwarded to the court.
In addition to drug testing, Britney and Kevin - who still maintain 50/50 custody of Tater Tot and Small Fry - will have to both adhere to a long list of court-ordered demands:
· Neither Brit nor K-fed can take Sean and Jayden out of state without the written consent of the other.
· The exes cannot make derogatory statements about each other.
· Both parents must complete the “Parenting Without Conflict” program.
· Each party is restrained from using corporal punishment with the children or allowing anyone else to.
· They are required to engage in joint co-parenting counseling.
· Neither party may consume alcohol or non-prescription controlled substances 12 hours prior to taking custody of the children.
· They must ensure that any prospective childcare professionals hold valid Red Cross infant CPR training.
While the responsibilities for Federline end there, Judge Gordon tacked on an extra list of tasks for Spears. In order to maintain the current shared custody agreement, the popstar must:
· Attend individual counseling at least once a week to address parenting issues.
· Meet with a parenting coach for a minimum of 8 hours a week, in at least two sessions a week. The coach is to observe her parenting skills and her interaction with her sons and provide Federline with a written progress report by October 22.
Suffice to say, this is HUGE news for people following this case. Unfortunately for the children, they're not being taken away... but alas, that's Hollywood!