Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Top 10 Things To Watch On Halloween

I have had quite the busy month. October 1st I decided that every day this month I would watch something Halloween or Horror related. And I stuck to it, from the Halloween episodes of Adventures Of Pete And Pete and Roseanne to Addams Family Season 1, I have had quite the fill of horror all counting down to the big day this Friday. So with that I thought I would compile a list to help those out there wondering what they should be watching Friday, October 31st. Except for Halloween, Halloween isn't on this list because well, if you're not watching Halloween before, or on Halloween, then you shouldn't even be celebrating the holiday in the first place. Or reading this.

10. The Crow
Sure it's not really a horror movie, but it is a Halloween themed movie. Shelly and Eric made an attempt to get married on Halloween but are killed the night before. 1 year later Eric comes back from the dead to get his revenge. If you have not seen this movie, you need to. It is one of the most bad ass movies of all time.



9. Beetlejuice
I figured Tim Burton should be on this list somewhere. And the ghost with the most deserves to be seen during Halloween time.



8. Psycho
Like Burton, what is Halloween without some Hitchcock? Psycho is the obvious choice, but there is so many to choose from, Rear Window or The Birds serve as worthy substitutes. But I would say, the shower scene in Psycho is the most famous scene in film history.



7. Universal Monster Movies
Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Mummy, take your pick. They're all good for some late night 2am viewing.



6. Ed Wood Trilogy
Bride Of The Monster, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Night Of The Ghouls
What's Halloween without some cheesy black and white sci fi? And who better than the master of cheese, Edward D. Wood Jr.



5. Monster House
For some strange reason, I held out on watching this for a long time. It wasn't until just recently when I had a coupon for a free Blu Ray rental that I snagged this and I really enjoyed it. It had a very Goosebumps type vibe to it which I dig.



4. Ernest Scared Stupid
Probably the only list in the world where an Ernest movie is rated higher than an Alfred Hitchcock movie, but hey this is a list for shit to watch on Halloween, and this is a movie that takes place on Halloween and is all about Halloween. I am actually watching this movie as I type this article up, seriously.



3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
I know what you're probably thinking, "I thought Tim Burton was already on this list?" Well here is a little known sad fact, Tim Burton did not direct The Nightmare Before Christmas, Henry Selick did. I get kinda annoyed everytime I see Tim Burton talking about this, especially on the Blu Ray, and Henry Selick is MIA. Henry gets no props, no respect, when he is really the man behind this movie, not Tim Burton. Sorry to crush your hearts emo and goth kids.



2. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
This is on TV sometime this week, I think Wednesday night. Not too sure, I have the DVD so I really don't pay too much attention to the TV listings, but search around and you will find it. It is a MUST watch for Halloween time.



1. Hocus Pocus
A classic. That's right. Hocus Pocus is a classic Halloween time movie. I saw it in theaters, I own the DVD, and every year, even though I own the DVD, I still catch it on TV a couple times on ABC Family. Which is why Hocus Pocus is to Halloween what A Christmas Story is to Christmas. Plus Sarah Jessica Parker is really hot in this movie.



3 comments:

  1. That's a fucking horrible list of movies to watch on Halloween. You are a gay ass queef if I ever saw one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So then compile your own list and post it in here. I'm sure it will consist 100% of movies I didn't add due to the fact that they're standard to watch on Halloween, such as, Halloween, Exorcist, Nightmare On Elm Street, and so on.

    Queefburger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, gay ass queef..

    ReplyDelete