Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Action Figure News: Cobra Finally Fights G.I. Joe and Sgt Slaughter Back...With Rowdy Roddy Piper!

For 25 years, G.I. Joe has been bringing in the big guns to help in their effort to take out Cobra and it's forces. From William the Refrigerator Perry, to most notably, G.I. Joe mainstay Sgt. Slaughter. Well now, in honor of the 25th anniversary of G.I. Joe, Cobra is bringing in the Hot Rod himself, Rowdy Roddy Piper! In one of the coolest surprises I've seen form G.I. Joe since the 80's, Piper was announced as an exclusive JoeCon Convention figure. The convention will go down in Atlanta from September 27-30. Roddy is limited to only 1,000 figures and will come in the exclusive 25th anniversary G.I. Joe packaging, so this will definitely be hard to get your hands on. Piper is decked out in his classic look, even including the his famous kilt, but as the pics show, he's sporting a Destro shirt (even cooler that he's aligned with the legendary Destro!), and is labeled as an "Iron Grenadier," so Roddy is definitely all about Cobra! I've personally checked out some of the 25th anniversary figures, and they are very well done. I've even seen box sets of 5 figures in a box that plays the G.I. Joe theme. The 25th anniversary collection is a must own for any collector of the greatness that is G.I. Joe! All this kind of makes me wish we could still see the great cartoon on the air, and see the Hot Rod take on the Sarge in the ultimate G.I. Joe vs. Cobra showdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment