Thursday, August 9, 2007

Review: Superbad


I first heard of this movie a while back. My Ex Girlfriend emailed me goin nuts because her little brother just got cast in a movie called "Superbad" I looked it up on imdb and that didn't give me much info, so figured I'd wait it out. Knocked Up came out and they had a preview for Superbad and I started counting down the days. Was I disappointed? Was the wait worth it?

Yes. Hell, fucking yes.

Superbad stars Jonah Hill and Michael Cera, two guys that aren't really the dorks of high school, well they kinda are but they're the cool dorks that girls dig. High School is wrapping up and they get invited to their first, and last, big high school party. And are assigned with a task of, bringing the beer. Since Jonah Hill tells the girl that is hosting the party that he is getting a fake I.D. From there the movie takes off with one mishap after another of their problems getting the beer and making it to the party in time to impress the girls they like most. Both lead actors pull this off perfectly. Seth Rogen and Bill Hader play the cops that are pretty much still high school kids, instead of busting criminals and crime they just wanna get drunk and shoot shit with their guns which they call "their second cocks, if your cock could kill someone that is".

I loved this movie. It is right up there with Knocked Up. I don't really have much to say because well, this movie is a perfect comedy. It speaks for itself. It blows the doors off of other high school comedies of the past few years. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg wrote an awesome script and brought me back to my glory days of partyin in high school and tryin to get the girl, made me all warm and fuzzy and missin the old days inside.

If you digged Knocked Up, I can promise you that you will dig Superbad. Oh and the feature film debut of my Ex Girlfriends little bro.... watch for yourself...



No comments:

Post a Comment