Thursday, May 15, 2008

Goosebumps The Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was two things in life I loved as a kid that came in the form of books. One was Calvin And Hobbes. And the other was Goosebumps. Now Bill Waterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes didn't want to pimp out and commercialize Calvin and Hobbes, thus the reason for no TV shows, movies, figures, nothing, just the books. All the stickers of Calvin you see on cars, are not the real Calvin. My dream would be for one day, Pixar to talk him into it and make a Calvin and Hobbes animated movie, that would sure destroy box office records.

But thankfully, R.L. Stine has no problem at all whoring out Goosebumps. I owned every damn Goosebumps book as a kid, well of course once I got a bit older, I turned to Fear Street and stopped collecting Goosebumps, but the love I have for it is still there. I was really excited about the TV Show that came out in the 90s but it just wasn't that good. I expected more. But now Columbia Pictures and Neal Moritz, producer of I Am Legend and a slew of other Hollywood hits, have quired the rights to Goosebumps to turn it into a film franchise. The rumor is they will cast unknown kids but fill in the adult roles with well known veteran actors, much like the Harry Potter movies.

The movie has been put on the fast track, and I could see it coming out Fall 09. Which book will be turned into a movie has yet to be said, or even if the movie would be based off a book or if it would be a stand alone movie. Now lets get some Fear Street movies goin!

No comments:

Post a Comment