Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LeRoi Moore, Saxophonist for The Dave Matthews Band dies.

This is sad news. I've been a pretty big Dave Matthews Band fan for quite a long time. Their music video for Too Much was what turned me onto their music, I think I was in the 7th or 8th grade when I saw it play on VH1, back when they used to play actual music videos on TV. LeRoi was a pretty damn amazing sax player and a couple friends in High School actually picked up playing the sax in the school band because they loved them some LeRoi. Some of you that know me might be like, what the fuck? The Random Villain liks Dave Matthews? I told you mother fuckers, my music taste goes from the likes of GWAR all the way to Lisa Loeb then back over to Metallica and then around to some Dave Matthews. It's all over the place, even to country. It never, ever goes near that emo bullshit though. Fuck that. When people ask me what kinda music I like, I tell them good music.

LeRoi died today from complications after an ATV accident he was in a few weeks ago. Right now as I type this, Dave Matthews Band is still going on and playing a show in honor of LeRoi tonight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.

Enjoy.

Dave Matthews Band - Too much


No comments:

Post a Comment