Thursday, April 30, 2009

Top 5 Funniest Movies Of All Time Countdown: #4

Once upon a time... Tim Burton was a God among directors. Well those times are long gone, but his movies from long ago still hold up today, and with that, the 4th funniest movie of all time, goes to his 1st feature film of all time....

Pee Wees Big Adventure

Sweet mother of all that is holy. When I was a little kid this was the funniest shit I had ever seen. Still to this day this movie will get a couple laugh out louds from me. This has to be one of the most quotable movies of all time. And what kid didn't do the weird little dance to Tequila? I sure as hell did. Hell I still do. I just wish I had those shoes. Once or twice a year I take a trip down the I-10 to Disneyland. And it has become a tradition for us to take a stop at Burger King in Cabazon, CA, which happens to be where the T-Rex is.

Paul Reubens plays Pee Wee but what most people don't know is the man is a pretty damn good actor. Example: Blow. There have been rumors going on for years and years that he wants to bring back Pee Wee in a dark movie, and a kids movie. No other news has come from that though, guess we just have to sit and wait.

Interesting Pee Wees Big Adventure Tidbits:

We see Pee Wee in the tyrannosaurus rex dinosaur watching the sun come up. But what most people don't know is just a few feet from that dinosaur, stands the brontosaurus from, The Wizard. Where Jimmy goes to leave his lunchbox. And, that lunchbox is actually still inside of it, I know cause I have been there and seen it, and even taken a picture of it.

During the scene in the magic shop, a poster can be seen on the front of the counter for someone called "Alexander". The picture is quite clearly Jambi the Genie from "Pee-wee's Playhouse"

As Pee Wee walks into the magic shop at the beginning of the film, you can see a poster of "Elvira Mistress of the Dark". Elvira is the alter-ego of Cassandra Peterson, who plays the "Biker Momma" at the biker bar later on in the film.

And well since I can't find the clip anywhere, here is my favorite scene in the movie....

[Pee-Wee looks at Mickey's hand as he is wearing one handcuff]
Pee-wee: What did you do?
Mickey: Well, I lost my temper and I took a knife and I uh-. Do you know those "Do Not Remove Under the Penalty of Law" labels they put on mattresses?
Pee-wee: Yeah.
Mickey: Well I CUT one of them off!
Pee-wee: Jee.
Mickey: Yeah, I have a real bad temper.



No comments:

Post a Comment