Thursday, June 12, 2008

Review: Get Smart

I am gonna make this quick, I got some Laker fans to go call and laugh at. 24 point lead blown, BWWAAHHAHAHAH.

Anyways, today I got to see Get Smart. Bottom line. This movie is funny. REALLY funny. Which is surprising. The movies trailers looked like it would be a fun movie. But I figured it would be fun, with all the funny parts seen in the commercials. Wrong. Very very wrong. This movie was fuckin FUNNY. And it was no surprise why once the credits started rolling and the first credits we see are. CONSULTANTS. MEL BROOKS. BUCK HENRY. The creators of the original TV Show, and one being the writer and director of some of the funniest movies ever made. One of them being, at least in my opinion THE funniest movie ever made, Blazing Saddles.

I never really watched the show. I caught a couple episodes here and there as a kid on Nick At Night, and I was told a family member was on the show, so I wanted to check it out. (My Dads cousin, played Hymie.) But I never got hardcore into the show. But the movie does the show justice, and then some. I was entertained, laughing, watching, and happy from the start, to the finish. Non stop entertainment. All the characters from the old show are there, even the suit and car from the show. The doors in the long hallway, even the shoe phone appears. All in a great homage to the show. Steve Carrell is very good. Anne Hathaway is great, and hot, as always. Dwayne "Don't Call Me The Rock" Johnson is even great. Everyone is great. So much so that when this movie comes out next week I am going to see it again. Because one thing that depends on my rating of a comedy on how great it is, is if there are times, where I miss jokes, because I am still laughing from the previous joke. This happened a few times.

There is PLENTY of comedy in this movie, and there is even some surprisingly good action scenes in it as well. I HIGHLY recommend next weekend that you go see this movie instead of the crap known as THE LOVE GURU. Fucks sake. And I stand by my word, that this is one of the funniest and entertaining movies that I have seen in YEARS.

Get Smart comes out June 20th.

9/10. No joke, seriously, 9 out of fuckin 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment