Saturday, September 6, 2008

The idea of a 3rd Ghostbusters Movie excites me.

Random Villain mentioned this a couple weeks ago, and then news broke yesterday nationally, that Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, co-executive producers on one of my favorite TV Shows, The Office, have begun work penning a script to a 3rd Ghostbuster's movie, that would see Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson back together again, reprising their roles from the previous two films.

Obviously the quartet is older now, so it would be really interesting to see how an update not just of the times goes in that movie, but of the characters. Clearly they wouldn't be able to run around and bust ghouls like they used to, so how would they manage to do it now, and what kind of situation would have to draw them out of retirement?

I always loved the Ghostbusters movies. I got really excited last year when I found a special edition box set with the two movies in it. So hearing that a third installment is in the works gets me about as excited as Random Villain does over a Pixar flick.

I can't wait until news starts coming in about the plot of the movie. Hopefully they'll be able to score Sigourney Weaver back, and god damn Rick Moranis. That dude hasn't been in a movie in like 10 years! When was the last time anyone saw Rick Moranis? He was all over the place back then! Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Parenthood... anyways.

The only thing that concerns me is that the movie will be too CG'd up. Some of the best shit about the old Ghostbusters movies was the way the ghosts looked more real, because they were actual people, that got super-imposed on the film and faded out. It made it look like they had substance to them, and that shit was freaky.

I love the Office, and those dudes bring the funny, so hopefully they won't disappoint. I'll keep on top of the news as it unfolds, so stay tuned for that. Unless I quit again.

2 comments:

  1. Last place Rick Moranis has been movie was was reteaming with Dave Thomas in Brother Bear for Disney.

    Since then hes turned to just chillin with his family and singin country music.

    I also find you to be a giant failure. All over the place, you list movies, then don't list Spaceballs? FAILURE. IS YOU.

    Anyways, like I posted awhile ago, the plot still is about them passing the torch of sorts and being mentors to new Ghostbusters which will hopefully be played by the Apatow crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. movie wise, not movie was. Fuck off Im sleepy.

    ReplyDelete