Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Most Awesome Commercials From Our Youth Part 1

Alright, well, my youth, and anyone else in their twenties will agree that these commercials would get you fuckin PUMPED.

I live in Phoenix. So EVERY god damn kid had these things in the summer time. Some kids had the cheap crappy versions like, SUPER DRENCHER but they sucked ass.



Me and my friends would always start playing this game, then we'd give up and just put the thing together and watch it go.



hahahahahahahaha this thing brings back so many memories. My parents had a normal tape recorder that they said I could use but for some reason that just wasn't good enough, I wanted the real damn deal. And I got it, the little microphone thing that extends on it never did shit, it was just a plastic piece of fuck that didn't actually increase the sound quality. And I never tricked anyone with this damn thing.



This game was so bad ass but holy shit, by the time it was all said and done I lost almost every single one of those balls that you use to shoot.



All I gotta say, I would ALWAYS start with a tootsie pop to see how many licks it would take, and I would always just get pissed off like the owl and bite into the fucker.



Always saw this commercial on some old WWF tapes in those giant boxes, one of these commercials would always be on.



God damnit, I never knew what in the fuck this guy was saying. All I knew was that those cars were fucking awesome, and I needed shitloads of them. And I did. I had so many of these damn cars, my mom would always step on them and get pissed. I even had the tiny houses with the tiny garages you could park them in. Yeah, they kicked ass.



You know this commercial. If you don't then you're a fucking douche bag and I don't wanna talk to you. Everyone in their right minds knew what this commercial means. No one gave a FUCK about the kid in the field, or the cameo of Goldberg at Pizza Hut. No one cared about the Hut sponsoring little kids baseball, they just knew, that as soon as that commercial ended on their little VHS, it was time for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES to start.



THE GREATEST COMMERCIAL FROM OUR YOUTH....

Back then, awesome video games were only in the arcades. The Simpsons game, X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The list goes on. Of course turtles finally made it to NES, but the game all kids lost their minds over, was Mortal Kombat. So when the day came, that I was watching TV on Saturday morning, and this commercial came on, I jumped outta my chair, ran outside, to see if any other kids were running to where the sounds of MORTAL KOMBAT!!! were coming from. Of course, it was the American commercial I saw, which is the same thing pretty much, but hey I cant find the American version on youtube so fuck you.



That's all for now. If you can think of other awesome commercials from the early 90s and the 80s comment about them and I might include them in Part 2.

1 comment:

  1. I remember, Mr. Owl... How many licks.. lol too bad they had to make a song out of it. I think it was lil Kim. I could soo see David Elsewhere dancing in that video. Anywho, thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete