Monday, September 15, 2008

Spaceballs! The Animated Series! September 21st!!

Mel Brooks was a huge part of my childhood. Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs were movies quoted daily in school by my friends and myself. Even though today, Young Frankenstein is my favorite Brooks movie, as a kid, Spaceballs held that top honor. When word came of an animated series, I got giddy. And the fact that Mel Brooks was overseeing everything, and even returning to voice Yogurt and Skroob, I was a very happy lad.

But then nothing. I has been almost 2 years since word came of the show being made. Waiting and waiting forever until this day arrived that not only is it coming to G4. But it will be here next week!

Check out the promo for the series right here.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. Doesn't seem quite like "Spaceballs" but, I shall have to just wait and see when the first episode airs on September 21st. And is that Princess Toadstool?

Also if you are wondering who else is back, it appears that the only other original cast member coming to bring their voices back to their characters is Daphne Zuniga as Princess Vespa. I have a feeling Rick Moranis is going to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment