Monday, November 5, 2007

Remake, of Death Wish.... Starring Stallone

Fucks sake. I'm really torn about this. I hate remakes, I think they're pointless. But Death Wish kicks ass, and so does Stallone. Anyways, the following is from IESB.com and I guess I am just gonna have to wait and see on this to decide if I am against it, or all for it. If done gritty enough, I', there. He just better get Jeff Goldblum back, or I'm OUT!

Sylvester Stallone is seeing a career comeback since Rocky Balboa hit it big. Now with Rambo on its way out, Stallone is eyeing to remake Death Wish.

Stallone would take up the role Charles Bronson made famous back in the '70s. Variety had the details today, Stallone is in talks to direct and star as an ordinary man who goes vigilante after his wife and daughter are attacked. Set to write the script are Michael Ferris and John Brancato, whose credits include "Terminator 3" and "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins."

Paramount Pictures controls some "Death Wish" rights and has an option to partner. MGM will make the pic whether or not Par opts in, and if a writers strike is settled in short order, MGM will try to start production before March. Stallone's partner, Kevin King, will be a producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment